Student Health Services identifies physical limitations or medical problems that impede a student's learning and addresses them through direct services or referrals to medical and other community resources.
This program provides students with school immunizations, wellness screenings for all students, and referral resources for students identifited with potential or existing health issues . The district currently has a nursing staff of 32 registered nurses, 6 licensed practical nurses, and one administrator.
We also provide the following services through our school based clinics.
- Screening: We provide comprehensive health screening in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th 7th, and 9th grade for students. These screenings examine various student health variables, including their weight, height, and blood pressure, vision, hearing, and dental health to determine if any problems are present.
- Immunizations: We provide routine childhood immunizations during the school year to children ages 0 to 18 years.
- Immunization permission form.pdf
- Diseases: We report and monitor the spread of communicable diseases within our school community.
- Health Education: Health, nutrition, and development education to students. We also provide training on Blood borne pathogens to District employees.
- First Aid: First aid and emergency care to students and faculty.